One of the longest areas of sand in Europe is Brean Beach in Somerset, just south of Weston Super Mare, it runs all the way to Burnham-On-Sea and is just over 7 miles in length. From the beach you can see Brean Down, it’s an ideal dogging location. It’s also where ITV have filmed their latest period drama, “Sanditon“. Now as you know, periods and dogging don’t always go well together and this location is no exception.
Sanditon is an unfinished Jane Austen novel and the series has been dubbed the new Downton Abbey, it stars Rose Williams. Yet the resort where it is filmed is notorious for outdoor sex and dogging in Somerset. Some of the dogging locations include a coastal path leading to Ladye Bay and Bleadon Hill too. It’s a wide expanse of beach with dunes so it’s perfect for dogging but as ever watch out for plain clothes police.
Some reports say that Poldark, Broadchurch and Emmerdale have been “plagued by doggers” but I think the doggers were their first so it’s more like our dogging spots being plagued by TV film crews piling in! Other Somerset Dogging Locations Include:
- On the cut through road between the A369 Abbots Leigh and the Beggar Bush Lane Road, quiet and best action in the woods up the path behind the small car park.
- Lay-by north of Taunton on A38 truckers always available for fun, more females would be great.
- Staple Hill car park getting very good no boy racers.
- Just up from the Weston Hospital, lay-by on left hand side very open but lots of activity in the after dark hours.
- Lay by on the left towards Taunton, mainly swingers best after midnight.
- Small car park in quiet spot off Dunware Lane, close to Plum Lane. Several cars often in there.
- Main trunk road, between Bridgwater and Minehead. Just over the river bridge turn right, go past the council refuse tip, good place plenty of cover, small copses, be discreet. Can park outside and just watch, for anyone interested, you know the signs, used by dog walkers, but lots of space, be discreet, and clean, you will enjoy.
Burnham on Sea
- Leaving Berrow Road on Brent Road towards Weston, lay-by on left after two “S” bends.
Castle Neroche Car Park
- On the Blackdown Hills, take the hills road off A303 at The Eagle Pub. Opposite the first house on the left, take the lane some 500 metres to the car park. This is the most secluded and best of the Blackdown Hills sites. The approach lane is mainly long and straight, so approaching car lights can be seen well before they arrive.
- Cheddar Reservoir, the fisherman’s car park off Sharpham Road.
- West Street car park Sunday evenings.
- Travel up the hill to first left at castle into car park, but drop down to hidden car park, nice and dark and loads of cover with trees etc. Plenty of couples venture in here.
Frome, Marston Road
- Lay by on road out of Frome towards Nunny catch. Go out of Frome past Sainsbury’s over second roundabout and is the big lay-by just up the road secluded area daytime and night time.
- Brookhampton. Down lane from A303 main road and lay by is great for dogging.
Odd Down FC Car Park
- Great place for activities after midnight. Car park is secluded by trees and fences giving all round cover. New to the scene but worth checking out.
- On Quantock Hills Pines Cafe towards Bishops Lydeard car park on left real good.
- A discreet car park just after lay by on the right. Very secluded and good dogging action in evenings.
South Petherton Toilets
- Mainly bi/gay guys, a good site to check out at anytime.
- Staple Hill car park recently open. Top end of Corfe about two miles up from the race course, cross roads turn left drive 2 miles and it’s signed as car park and picnic area, getting very busy more so in the evenings between 9pm and 10pm but lots of areas around for playing.
- Just outside Stoke Sub-Hamdon on the B356 Crewkerne Road (B3165) there is a little clearing on the right just off the road as you drive towards Crewkerne, there’s a little barn at the bottom, great for dogging at anytime apart from Sunday mornings when they use it for clay shooting.
- Car Park on Berhill on Polden Hills near Old Windmill. Daytime action in wooded areas. Evenings dogging in field by car park.
- Priors Park, picnic and car-park on the Blackdowns, about 7 miles out of Taunton along the Corfe Road, turn right at the cross roads and it is on the right. Very discreet for dogging.
Tytherington near Frome
- Just 1 mile from Sainsbury’s towards Nunney Catch, turn left at roundabout past the Masons Arms, sign for Tytherington, enter the small village pub called Fox and Hounds on the left, 20 yards past pub a small lane with a few houses, go down lane for about half mile big pull in by fields.
- Industrial estate on Wookey Hole road opposite Thales site. Go right to the top of hill into a compound on the left.
- Park in font lane West Coker for big penis fun ladies and couples, Monday nights.
Weston Super Mare
- Near Weston Super Mare lies Sand Bay, there are car parks up and down it for fun and pleasure, best is at the end of the bay road there is a quite big car park see you there I hope.
- Along the Beach mainly weekends after clubs Kick out. Good dogging action goes on in the sand along the burnt Pier.
- Two Towers Lane up by the showground pull ins all along the road.
- Cartgate Services, A303, outside Yeovil, parking, toilets, and a 24 hour cafe!! Mainly bi/gay blokes but the occasional couple do venture there, so a dogging site to check out.