The large rural county of Powys in Wales was formally three separate areas called Montgomery, Brecknock and Radnor. So some of you older doggers might know the following Powys Dogging Locations to be in those counties. But do not worry, they have not moved, it’s just a name change. There are probably hundreds more excellent dogging spots, given it’s rural location but here are a few you could check out if you’re interested in going Dogging in Powys. You could also venture further south and take a look at South Wales Dogging Spots.
- Folly woods car park after dark take lane opposite JB school drive to top, turn right car park 100 yards. Bi and male fun in the woods, bring a torch.
- Follow the A483 out of town toward Cilmery and Llandovery. 300 yards beyond the turn for CaerBeris Hotel there is a turn into a side road. After dark make arrangements to meet because it’s a quiet spot. No lights so bring a torch.
Between Llandrindod Wells and Newtown
- There has been a drop in activity at this site (Llananno) as the toilets are closed due to technical problems. There is still the occasional encounter there (helpful to have a RADAR key to access disabled toilets) or good weather for the nearby woods but otherwise fairly exposed to the main road.
- Top of Garth lane there is a car park on left with height barrier across.
Mid Wales Hospital
- Not far off main road. Old abandoned hospital, no houses near by. Couples every night of the week after dark.
- Small common past Penyrheol farm a few cars most nights after midnight and a few gay couples.
- Enterprise Park, opposite main car park/old station house. Secluded from roads.
- A470 out of Builth Wells toward Llandovery, 2nd left into unmarked lane. Plenty of space to park and no lights. We had tons of fun flashing passing cars, the guys always turn around for another look.
- Opposite Coity Bach Farm Holiday Cottages near Talybont on Usk. Great location on week nights or weekends. Lots of friendly couples of all ages up for some fun.
- Glasebury toilet and picnic area, between “Three Cocks” and Hay on Wye, well sign posted, seen two couples and several gay men in cars and wooded area near the river.
Wern Picnic Area
- Secluded small circular car park beside canal just outside and north of Guilsfield.
Treowain Industrial Estate
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday evenings 9pm till 1am, turn on to the industrial estate first left in to the car park.
- Fox complex Severn Road,near Wynstay and Potters recycling. Park on car sales pitch in yard and toot your horn five times, the guys will give you further details. Ideally you want to ask for “Willy”.
- Bulwch-y-Gle dam bottom car park. Take the Staylittle Road out of Llaniloes, when you come to the lake it’s the car park on the right hand side. Best times Sunday afternoons.
- Berriew picnic area.