Rumours are afoot that the 2020 series of “I’m A Celebrity Get me Out of Here” is going to be filmed at Gwrych Castle near Abergele in North Wales, actually in the county of Conwy to be precise. Due to the corona virus pandemic ITV were unable to make the trip out to Australia this year so have plumped for this rather odd location. How will the show work in the middle of winter with very little daylight and the murky, wet North Wales weather ?
It will probably work as well as it does for the local doggers that use the path going up to Gwrych Castle !! Yes, the grounds surrounding it are a popular North Wales dogging haunt for the locals. Keep an eye out during each episode of the show to see if there are any cheeky references to dogging.
There are quite a few dogging spots in North Wales and the Clwyd area. Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham are all pretty rural places, so finding a dogging spot is not too difficult.
- Pensarn Beach, car park to the right, a little quieter in the winter but couples mainly go to filter and limit the single guys who can watch and join in.
- Chirk Boat Marina, the rear cark park, good for couples meets it’s good after 8pm.
- Take the A55 towards Colwyn Bay, come off at Llanddulas and head for the beach. Plenty for everyones needs here, couples, males, some trans action, but mainly couples.
- The old asylum has a lane around the back of it where plenty of doggers go. Mostly females looking for male dogging partners. Drive past the asylum gate and on your right there is a foot path, you can take cars down there, it runs along the asylum.
- Between Lower and Higher Kinnerton. Nice quiet lane to United Utilities site. Very active with TV’s midweek daytime. Couples mainly weekends.
- After dark a few couples!! Loads of gay men as well.
- Round the valley to the far end where there’s a right turn to a track by some fields.
- Off the Mold to Ruthin Road, a couple of miles outside Mold. The top car park, is fast becoming a great spot! Approach from Loggerheads, Tafarn y Gelyn. Most people walk out of their cars up the mountain but dogging action also takes place on the opposite side of the road near the ascent point to Moel Fenlli.
- Coed Y Morfa, me and my girlfriend often go here for some outdoor over the bonnet action, never been watched unfortunately!!! Or been lucky enough to watch, very quiet area when we have been.
- There is always some good dogging action on the beach in Rhyl especially Friday and Saturday nights after the local clubs have closed. The action can be seen on the beach between the site of the old funfair and the lifeboat station. Usually males and females involved in the action which can easily be seen from the prom or from the beach itself. Be AWARE that there is CCTV coverage in the area so you may well be caught dogging which is an offence.
- The tennis courts by the football field.
- Lead mines car park, after dark Fridays and Saturdays, couples and single males.
- Minera, turn off the A483 towards Johnstown, take the turn onto Hafod Road towards the old brickworks. Pass the brickworks and old scrap yard then it’s on your left. Good most nights after dark. No good in the day as too many dog walkers. Normally people are at the bottom of the car park.
- The Flash, quiet lane by the lake with plenty of fields as well.
- The Moss Valley Country Park Off the Gatewen Road, follow the brown tourist signs, two large car parks by the lakes plus lots of paths into the trees.