The quiet Gloucestershire countryside area called The Cotswolds has always been known for it’s dogging locations but now hordes of doggers are turning up in woods near to the home of “Fifty Shades of Grey” star, Jamie Dornan. He has a home valued at £1.75 Million in the sought after country location. Local villagers have reported hearing scenes from the novel itself being played out in the woods nearby. One local resident who wished to remain anonymous said, “there’s always been a lot of outdoor bonking around here, I mean it’s a lovely, quiet location and in the summer things really get going. But since Mr Dornan moved here it’s all year round now with some very strange noises coming from the undergrowth.” The location is near to Stroud in Gloucestershire, but here are some other quiet Gloucestershire Dogging Locations:
- Travel North up A417 from Cirencester. Follow the “Scenic Route” for “Birdlip & Stroud”. Left turning and 1st on right is a parking place with a view. This is good after dark dogging.
- South Cerney Water Park. There’s fun to be had in the car parks around South Cerney Waterpark between Cirencester and Swindon.
- Coaly Peak Picnic Area between Stroud and Dursley. Now the travellers have been moved and skip loads of rubbish taken away the site is worth visiting.
Crickley Hill Country Park
- Directions are as per Birdlip but continue on the A417 to the Air Balloon (Pub) roundabout, take the 2nd exit, sign posted Leckhampton, and Crickley Hill is approx. 100 yards on the left. A large car park and one smaller more intimate car park and several really intimate spots. Good for people that meet at Birdlip and then want more privacy.
- Picnic area, a great place for discreet fun mid afternoon onwards. Can be found on the A4136 between Brierly and Coleford, the forests own Park n Ride!
- Near Quedgeley, Gloucester GL2. North bound leave the M5 at junction 12 (B4008) and at the end of the slip road turn left, at roundabout turn right onto A38 and continue along here past a large lay-by that’s wide open to another (on the left) that’s secluded from the main road by trees. Many good nights of dogging had here, mostly gay fraternity, but some single females (2 of whom are nearly regulars) and some couples.
- Highnam Woods, off A40, 1 mile west of A48 roundabout.
Letchlade Riverside Park
- From car park walk to the river side.
- A tranquil, rural car park guaranteed to provide a thrill!
- Head out of Moreton towards Stratford-upon-Avon on Fosseway! About two miles on turn right opposite kebab wagon in other lay by! Pull in on right and turn interior light on! Busy by the Fosseway but nice concealed pull in ! Easy to get to but quiet enough to do what you like! Not a well known spot, but have met a few blokes and had some fun!
- Near Crickley Hill, great after dark dogging area.
Stinchcombe Golf Course
- Very nice place to visit, nice view and very well known.
- Bailey Close, King Georges Field. A surprisingly secluded and quiet location perfect at night. Great views of the countryside and loads of potential hot spots.
- This site is little known, its called Frith Woods, near Bussage, about 3 miles east of Stroud just off the A419 London Road travelling towards Cirencester, turn left up the old neighbourhood, might be sign posted to Bisley as well, go about 1/2 mile then turn left, a very sharp uphill turn. Woods are on your right in about 200 yards, park and walk right into the far left corner of the wood where the houses are, it’s very quiet here. Good for voyeurs and for meeting etc. after midnight is quietest, if that’s your thing, well worth checking out. Also there are lots of entrances and exits to the woods, great not to look too obvious, you can use a different one each time.
- The car park of the Boathouse Pub. It is located on the A38 on the opposite side of the Mythe Bridge to the town. It is an excellent location, by the river Avon, for day and night.
- Tewkesbury Abbey, central Tewkesbury. On the vine yards behind the Abbey. Quiet scenic location, near the beautiful historic Abbey. All types of doggers present (single males and females, couples, gays and transsexuals).