The quiet Gloucestershire countryside area called The Cotswolds has always been known for it’s dogging locations but now hordes of doggers are turning up in woods near to the home of “Fifty Shades of Grey” star, Jamie Dornan. He has a home valued at £1.75 Million in the sought after country location. Local villagers have reported hearing scenes from the novel itself being played out in the woods nearby. One local resident who wished to remain anonymous said, “there’s always been a lot of outdoor bonking around here, I mean it’s a lovely, quiet location and in the summer things really get going. But since Mr Dornan moved here it’s all year round now with some very strange noises coming from the undergrowth.” The location is near to Stroud in Gloucestershire, but here are some other quiet Gloucestershire dogging locations:
- North up the A417 from Cirencester to Gloucester. Follow the “Scenic Route” for “Birdlip and Stroud”. It’s a left turn and the first on right is a parking place.
- Leckhampton Hill near Cheltenham, three miles or so out of town on the B4070 turn off onto Daisy Bank Road.
- Cirencester on the Cotswolds borders as they like to call it, there are many car parks around South Cerney Water Park.
- Forest Of Dean at Lydney and the Swan Road Car Parks.
- Gloucester GL2, near Quedgley. North bound leave the M5 at junction 12 (B4008) and at the end of the slip road turn left, at roundabout turn right onto A38 and continue along here past a large layby that’s wide open to another (on the left) that’s secluded from the main road by trees.
- Frith Woods near Bussage, about 3 miles out of Stroud just off the A419 London Road. Travelling towards Cirencester, turn left up the old neighbourhood, might be sign posted to Bisley as well, go about half a mile then turn left at a very sharp uphill turn, woods are on your right in about 200 yards, park and walk right into the far left corner of the wood.
- The car park of the Boathouse pub Tewkesbury, alongside the River Avon. It is located on the A38 on the other side of the Mythe bridge.