North East England Dogging Locations can easily be found in County Durham and the Surrounding Countryside. Latest Local Durham Dogging Spots. Instant Free Access.
- Over the Viaduct towards Crook there is a small car park on the right, along with a picnic area and old railway (walkway). Dogging action after dark.
- Head from Bishop Auckland to Spennymoor, go past the petrol station on the right and take the slip road on the left behind the trees before you get to the first roundabout. Excellent weekend dogging action.
- Car park at the back of the industrial estate, busy between midnight and 3am on a weekend.
- Lane behind bus stop opposite old brewery. Very quiet, very good daytime. Only one way in so you can see who’s coming.
- A181 lay-by at golf club at castle Eden, good week days 9am till 11pm.
- Head up Waldridge Road from Chester-le-Street, there are 3 car parks, 2 on the left they are best and one on right has lots of gay fun up there. Just be careful of the dog walkers.
- Main Car Park in Consett, near Shield Taxis. Plenty of action after dark.
- Picnic area on the A68 near to Crook with 24 hour toilets. Lots of wooded areas, popular with both the gay community and doggers.
- On the A66, eastbound from Darlington towards Stockton. A long lay-by, set back from the road, about half way between Darlington and Stockton. Late nights around 11.30pm various activity including male/female couples.
- The lay-by at Swan House in Darlington is located about one and a half miles along the Darlington to Corbridge road and is surrounded by trees. There is a secluded path leading away from the area, and this is where the dogging action takes place. The site is also used by the local gay community.
- Walworth Castle, head out of Darlington through Cockerton and head toward Walworth Castle as you go up the country road it bends sharp left but there is a turning right, take the right and about half a mile up there is a wooded area on the right, pull in and flash your lights for action.
- Belmont Park and Ride, better known as “Pork & Ride”at the far end of car park “A” any time of the day. Pull your car up and wait for the action to start.
- Between Eaglescliffe and Teesside Airport. Head for Tesco Eaglescliffe, take first exit at roundabout and straight over the next one, follow road under bridge then there’s a long left bend followed by a long right bend, on this bend is a lay-by located to your left, pull in and enjoy single males, females and couples.
- The nature reserve car park halfway between Long Newton and Eaglescliffe, about half a mile from the industrial plant on the right if coming in from Eaglescliffe. Very secluded, hardly any traffic, the perfect spot for fun after dark.
- Follow the Darlington Road out east towards the airport, as you carry on past the airport, you will see Teesside airport rail link next to the road, carry on heading towards the ICI factory, you will see a lay-by set off from the road on the right. This is where a lot of dogging also takes place. Word of warning, security camera watching lay-by and airfield landing lights might also make the action visible from the road at night. Otherwise, I have been told it’s a good spot and used often. This is the east end of the runway.
- Top of loud bank at Greencroft near Annfield Plain, old water board place, very good for outdoor fun, high wall all around, great for couples and singles.
- Picnic area just past Hamsterley on the way to Shotley Bridge, mostly gay, bi but some couples. Anytime day or night.
- Lots of outdoor fun in Hamsterly Forest on a weekend by fun couples, Friday, Saturday night 7.30pm onwards, especially on the outskirts of the forest.
- Salters Gate, a few couples getting back here on a Saturday lunchtime, also Friday and Saturday nights.
- Off A19 onto A689 towards Hartlepool, long lay-by just after Newton Bewly, good after 8pm and before 11pm, couples, singles etc.
- Crimdon Dene car park at night.
- Seaton Carew, the Blue Lagoon, just along from Seaton Golf Course, best late at night between 11pm and 3am.
- Malton near Lanchester, Thursday, Friday or Saturday action after 10pm. A few couples also get in Saturday lunch time.
- Malton Picnic area, couples during summer time also some gay action, Durham to Consett Road.
- South of Newton Aycliffe on the A68 towards Corbridge. A lay-by just past the Caravan Dealers on the left. It’s surrounded by trees with lots of dogging activity with couples and singles. mainly gays. Good at the weekend.
- Car park next to football field, great after dark.
- After dark a very large car park, secluded and woods nearby.
- A689 Rushyford lay by is active for gay male sex. Was visiting around 5pm and had some good fun. Monitored by police, we’ve been spotted a few times. Times can vary from dinner on Sundays to midnight Fridays.
- Seaham car park, on the sea front next to Seaham Hall gates and on the coast road towards Ryhope next to the railway.
- Come off the A19 and follow towards Sedgefield Racecourse. Take a right at the roundabout and you’ll end up at Hardwick Hall. Best between 7pm and 2am for couples.
- At the top of Crawleyside Bank, heading towards Castle Side, there is a small car park to the left, Dogging After Dark!
- A19 Wolviston Roundabout, private road that used to be the old old A19, quiet enough, always busy.
- A689 on the way to Hartlepool. Unsigned posted lay-by, sheltered by trees. Very good spot. Mostly gay guys and couples from time to time. More couples and females needed for sexy flirting. Weekends good, can be busy during the week nights as used as a truck pull in.
- Cowpen Bewley, the nature reserve and walk way gates are open till late and benches are available, the lane is also easy to use and no police.
- Newham Grange Park, near the swings on a weekend after 9pm.
Sunniside, Near Tow Law
- Tried this spot last week, quite a few getting there just after dark, well worth the trip, nice one doggers, keep it up.
- Sundays seem to be popular at this spot, normally after dark although I’ve heard of daytime action. Mostly married couples and single males/females. It’s really opened up my eyes and the Mrs loves it. People travelling far and wide to go there, excellent spot.
- Head south on the A68 through Towlaw and turn left on the bend after the petrol station, sign posted for Willington. Continue this road for about half a mile and bear left before the first house in Sunniside, follow this back lane for about half a mile to where it bends sharp left and park up. Had some good action there in recent months, well worth a visit. Have fun.
Thorpe Thewles Walkway
- This is now gated and closed but the lane is VERY long to park up and the picnic area and benches are available to use. Loads of parking spaces, can never get locked in. On summer nights this can be a great place, just use the benches for gang bangs.
- The picnic site right next to the B6296 is used by couples. Salters Gate is 2 miles north of Tow Law, off the A68. Heading north out of Tow Law on A68 past the salt dump and picnic area on right, proceed for 0.6 of a mile to crossroads and turn left and follow the road to the wooded area at the old POW camp. Exceptional on a fine day but not when raining. Ideal for indoor or outdoor dogging activities.
- Along the old railway line there is a small wooded area. Dogging action after dark, and sometimes during the day.
- On the A68 heading towards Darlington from West Auckland, lay-by top of hill. Friday nights after 12pm, 3 or 4 couples on most Friday nights
- The car park near the river in between Willington and Tod Hills!